This article is about some very easy recipes and meals to prepare for your family especially if you are a new mom.
Healthy meals are very important especially for your family. As a mother, you will feel like it is an obligation and responsibility that you cook healthy meals for your family every day, even on a busy weekday. Believe it or not, it can actually be as easy as 1-2-3. Here are some very easy recipes that you can whip up in no time.
Spinach Dip in Bread Bowl
This simple spinach dip in a bread bowl can be perfect for parties, too. You will need:
- 2 bags spinach leaves, frozen
- 1 cup mayo, regular
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 cans (small) water chestnuts, diced or chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- First, soak the frozen spinach bags in a bowl of warm water to thaw. Then, drain the spinach well before wringing it out like a wet cloth just to squeeze out the excess juice with your bare hands. In a large bowl, place spinach and mix in the sour cream, mayo, onion soup packet, water chestnuts and the green onions. Mix thoroughly. You may also add in as much sour cream and/or mayo as you want until your taste is satisfied. Now cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours. After that, hollow out Sourdough or Hawaiian Bread, the large and round one, but donít forget to leave a 2-inch wall. Place the hollowed bread on a tray before pouring in the spinach dip. You can also put in bite-sized pieces of bread around the bowl to dip with. You can use another bread loaf and slice it into bite-sized pieces to be placed along the bowl. You can try and mix different bread kinds. You are now ready to serve your dish.
- Avocado, Red Pepper and Black Bean Quesadilla
- Hereís what you will need for this quesadilla:
- Tortillas, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, sharp
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp sweet red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup avocado, diced
- Salsa, optional
First of all, prepare a large pan sprayed with cooking oil and place the tortilla. Place half of the cheese on top of tortilla, then the black beans, avocados and pepper and then top with the remaining half of cheese. Cover with another tortilla and spray lightly with cooking oil. After that, cook it until the cheese has melted; flip just once. Be patient on this step. Quesadilla must stay on one side until the cheese melts before turning it over to avoid spills when flipping. On the other hand, you can also divide for two tortillas all the ingredients, flipping over to form a compartment while cooking. Cut into wedges using a pizza cutter. You can serve this with salsa, if preferred.
Homemade Baked Macaroni and Cheese
This feast of baked mac and cheese can be a real crowd pleaser. It is cheesy and at the same time creamy which give pleasure to both kids and adults with that comforting home style flavor. For this recipe you will require:
- Chicken broth & water of equal parts for boiling the macaroni
- 3 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half ‘n’ half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups cheeses, finely shredded, can be sharp cheddar, gouda, mozzarella and/or muenster)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Paprika, just a few dashes
Add in equal parts of chicken broth and water into a large pot thatís enough to cook the macaroni. Bring the liquid to boil before adding in the macaroni. Cook the pasta until al dente. Check the packaging for the macaroniís cooking instructions, usually about seven to eight minutes. When the pasta is cooked, drain it and set it aside. Over medium heat, melt butter in a large saucepan and then whisk the flour in. cook for approximately one minute, continuously whisking. Whisk in slowly a cup of chicken broth and then the half Ďní half and then the milk. Whisk until they are thoroughly combined. Just steam the mixture, donít boil it so adjust the heat accordingly. Add the cream cheese. Stir until it has dissolved completely. Remove from heat then add four cups of cheese. Stir until smooth. Now, pour the cheese mixture on top of the macaroni.
Stir to combine the two. Add a little black pepper if preferred. Subsequently, grease a pan with a 9 x9 inch measurement with butter and then pour the macaroni and cheese onto it. Then top with more cheddar cheese and a few dashes of paprika. Lastly, bake in a 350-degree preheated oven for 30 minutes. Before taking out the mac and cheese, make sure that it is kind of jiggly. Allow it to cool so it will set. Donít overcook.